You would agree with the fact that electronic devices have made our life much easier and there is no doubt about that. You can contact anyone who is living overseas, you can send important files, whenever your boss asks for them, you can join online classes, you can regulate your heart rate, etc., And, all these things you could do with the help of electronic devices.
In short, tech affects the way we learn, think and communicate. Like a mobile, laptop, computer etc., are such devices that people mostly use, and they can’t really take a step without these devices. But, often, you might face some issues that can be a little frustrating. It might be possible that suddenly you observe that your computer or laptop is running slowly, and you have to urgently send an important file.
To solve this problem, you have to just speed up your Windows 10. And, to do so, there are some effective ways that we will discuss over here.
11 Methods to Speed up your Computer
If you are a Windows 10 user, then you might have experienced the slow running of windows. The issue can be caused due to bad RAM or corrupted hard disk or due to malware etc, according to the UAE Technician experts. There can be so many reasons for the slow running of Windows 10. To speed up Windows 10, there are certain specific ways that you can follow. And, they are given below.
1. Restart your device
Let’s just go with the simple step first. If you see that your Windows 10 is running slow, then it can be possible that too many processors or programs are running in the background. If too many programs are open, then it will make your computer slow.
You can also go to the Task Manager and see what the main cause is. But for now, just go for the restarting option. It has been seen that most of the problems are solved just by restarting the computer.
2. Disable unnecessary programs
You can also go for disabling unnecessary problems that are making your system slow. And, to do so, some steps are given below:
- The first thing that you have to do is hold the Ctrl+Shift+Esc. You will see the Task Manager displayed on your screen.
- Then, you have to select the startup option from the bar.
- Now, a list of programs will appear in front of you. Choose the programs that you don’t want to use, and then click on the Disable button.
- You can only disable one program at a time, so this can be a little time-consuming. After completing, now reboot your computer to save the change.
- Try to run the computer and see if still the windows have sped up or not.
3. Hard disk cleaner and error checking
It could be possible that the hard disk is the main culprit for the slow running of Windows 10. To save temporary files and system files, you need hard drive space. To clean up space you need to follow the steps:
- First, you have to go to the PC or My PC option. Then, you have to right-click on the C: drive, and then you need to select the Properties option.
- Now, click on Disk Cleanup. It might take some time to calculate the space the disk cleanup will free.
- Then, under the Description option, you will find the Clean Up System Files option. You need to select the option.
- You have to select the files you want to delete under the “Files To Delete option and click the OK option.
- Now, you have to wait for some minutes for the Disk Cleanup to complete the process. After completion, check if your system has sped up or not.
This is another way to speed up your windows. If you see the above step couldn’t help you out then follow the steps that are given below.
- First, you have to press windows+R to open the run dialog box. Then, in the given space type “cmd” and click Enter. You will see the Command Prompt box to be displayed.
- Now, in the space given type “chkdsk C:/f/r/x” and press the Enter button.
- Lastly, you need to type y and press the Enter button. See if this helps you out or not.
Overheating is one of the common causes of many problems. Many users have reported that due to overheating, the Windows start running slowly. To check your CPU, you can install any third-party app. If in the app you see that the temperature is more than 70 degrees Celsius. Then, it can be the reason behind your slow running of Windows 10.
Make sure the CPU is not overused due to the running of too many programs. Keep in mind that an overheated CPU won’t allow the computer to speed up.
Some common things that you can do to avoid overheating are:
- Make sure the vents are not accumulated with dust.
- Don’t continue using a broken computer fan.
- Make sure the heat sink is correctly placed.
5. Keep the driver up to date
You are advised to keep the driver updated to fix the problem. Often it has been seen that the reason for slow Windows 10 is because of outdated drivers. The steps are given below to help you out.
- First, you have to hold the Windows+R key. The Run box will display, and in the space, you need to type “devmgmt.msc”, and then click the Enter button.
- You will see the Device Manager displayed on the screen. Then, on the device with a yellow exclamation mark, you need to right-click on the device.
- Then, you have to select the Update Driver option followed by “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- Now, you just have to restart your computer to implement the changes and see if this fixes the issue or not.
- If the issue is not fixed, then again, you have to right-click on the Update Driver. Now, you have to select Browser My Computer For Driver Software.
- Lastly, you have to click on Let Me Pick From A List Of Available Drivers On My Computer, followed by the Next option. Finally, restart your computer and see if the issue is solved or not.
6. Running the System Maintenance
You can also run the system maintenance to speed up Windows 10, and do so to follow the steps given below.
- First, you need to go to the Start menu and select the Control Panel option. After the Control Panel box appears, click on the Open option.
- After that, click on the System And Security option followed by the Security And Maintenance option.
- Now, you have to expand the Maintenance option, and under the Automatic Maintenance option, you have to click on the Start Maintenance option.
- Now, restart our computer to implement the changes and see if the issue is fixed or not.
7. By adding more RAM and SSD
It might be possible that your computer needs more RAM and SSD, which is why your computer is running slow. In this case, you have to remove the old RAM and replace it with the new RAM to increase your system performance. Now, check if your system is freezing or not. It might also be possible that you have to add an external SSD to increase the speed of Windows 10.
8. Defrag your hard disk
You can also defrag your hard disk to make your hard disk healthy to speed up your computer. The steps are given below to help you out:
- First, in the Windows search box, you have to type “defragment”, and then click on the Defragment And Optimize Drives.
- Now, one by one you have to select the drives, and then click on the Analyze option.
- You must remember not to defrag SSD drives as it might reduce the lifespan. Finally, restart your computer to check if the issue is solved or not.
9. To run the system maintenance troubleshooter
To run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter you can follow the steps that are given.
- From the Start menu, you have to select the Control Panel and then click on it to open the Control Panel.
- Now, expand Troubleshoot and click on the Troubleshooting option.
- On the left of the panel, you will see the View All option. Click on it to view all the names.
- Click on the Troubleshooter for system maintenance and run it. It might be possible that it will help to speed up Windows 10.
10. Need to disable unwanted extensions
It might be possible that even though the extension is not used, it is using system resources. And, this can be the reason why your system is running slow. So, it is better to remove the unwanted extensions. To do so, you need to follow the steps that are given below:
- First, you have to open Google Chrome, and in the address, you need to type chrome://extension and then press the Enter button.
- Now, you have to disable all the unwanted extensions and finally click on the Delete option.
- Restart your computer and see if the issue is fixed or not.
11. Adjust page file size
To adjust page file size, first, you have to type “performance” in the Windows 10 search box and then click on the Adjust The Appearance And Performance Of Windows. Then, you have to click on the Advanced tab, and under Virtual Memory, click on the Change button. Then, you have to uncheck the Automatically Manage Paging File Size For All Driver option.
Now, you have to highlight the drive, and then select the Custom Size option. Select the initial and maximum size, and then click on the OK, followed by the Apply and OK option. Restart your computer, and see if the problem is solved or not.
So these are some of the best ways that will help you out to speed up Windows 10. In total, 11 ways are there, and any one of the ways will definitely help you. Other ways are also there, but using these ways, people have received the desired results.